Construction activities in medical and med tech buildings require more than the ability to deliver great projects, it requires the contractor to provide the highest degree of care with Infection Control practices. This highest degree of care comes in how the Infection Control methods are installed and maintained throughout the project.
Minneapolis Construction Company Focused on Infection Control
Mission Construction, Inc. starts the Infection Control process well before the project begins. We work closely with the medical building project team to establish how the Infection Control requirements work with the specific project plan.
Infection Control work scope for projects:
- Collaborate with the medical team and project consultants to establish how the overall plan will be implemented
- Design the negative pressure containment area
- Identify the correct types of containment barriers
- Determine how the area will be exhausted
- Work with consultants and building engineer to modify existing HVAC system so adjacent areas are not affected
- Keep construction and medical staff separated
- Identify construction personnel entrances
- Establish the demolition haul out routes
- Establish work schedules that conform best to medical staff needs
- Maintain containment throughout construction
- Daily monitoring of the area’s negative pressure
- Maintain records of changing filters, air pressure and overhaul air quality
We Keep Clean Environments Clean!
As is standard on all of our commercial construction projects, we believe in bringing the right tool for the right job! Utilizing HEPA filters with proper exhausting is a critical tool to ensure we keep these clean environments clean! Further, we staff the project to ensure the job site is organized and cleaned throughout the entire process. Need a hard wall system to isolate areas? We understand the value of these and make the appropriate accommodations.
Buildout Construction without Interruption
The need for medical attention doesn’t stop – neither can the ability to receive it! The option for a total shut down just doesn’t exist. From a lobby refresh, to updating x-ray rooms, to building out an entire healthcare clinic, we take the time, upfront, to understand each organization’s expectations of schedule. We work closely with the team to develop a detailed phasing schedule to ensure project milestones are met.
Mission Construction, Inc. applies its attention to detail to the Healthcare profession. Adhering to the healthcare industry’s protocols, we partner with each organization to understand their specific requirements.
Contact Mission Construction for Your Healthcare Design & Build Projects needs
If you are concerned with the finding the right fit for your general contractor, look no further. We understand the challenging and rewarding intricacies of construction within the medical and med tech field. Contact us today or submit a Request for Proposal to start your next project.